Tuesday, April 25

jet-lag hell

Insanely jet-lagged right now. I've technically been back from vacation for 2 days. I've had the sleep equivalent of 6 hours. Ridonkulous.

Arrived at JFK on Sunday night at 9:00 pm. A full hour before we were supposed to. I didn't get home until 1:30 am because of fucking Super Shuttle. Word to the wise: never take Super Shuttle back from the airport. We took Super Shuttle to the airport and that was great. The ride back was a nightmare because they picked us up and then kept circling all the terminals trying to pick up more passengers to fill the van. I finally gave up trying to get a ride to the PATH station and instead got off on Ahjima's stop on 86th and 2nd. I got a cab back to Hoboken from there which cost me $50 but was so worth it when I got home in only 20 minutes.

Due to jet-lag I wasn't able to sleep at all. Even though I called out to work they still asked me to come in at noon to work a short day. I was a complete zombie by 4:45 pm and had to go home. At that point I'd had no sleep in the past 21 hours. I got home around 6 pm and slept until 11 pm when my mom called and woke me. I didn't get back to sleep until around 3 or 4 am. Ahjima's been having about the same experience as me sans having to go in to work yesterday (lucky biatch).

Have so much amazing stuff to share about the trip but am too exhausted to do so right now but had to vent about the nightmare known as jet-lag.

No comments: